Scalarworks spent two years developing the PEAK Fixed Iron Sights for the modern rifle. Working in conjunction with Larry Vickers, the Scalarworks PEAK sights are designed around a 15" sight radius (found on modern 14.5" carbines) compared to the A2 sight posts which were meant for a 20" sight radius for M16.
PEAK Sights have manually adjustable elevation and windage with a refined 0.5" MOA per click, which is matched to most common Red Dot Sight adjustment increments. The rear aperture is CNC milled and presents a flat face toward the shooter, eliminating highlight bias (the scallop face of A2 apertures would catch and reflect light.)
Most prominently, the Scalarworks sights are meticulously machined to be the lightest iron sights on the market -- shaving nearly 20% of the weight off compared to their nearest competitor!
- MATERIALS: 7075-T6 Aluminum (Mil-A-8625 Type III Hard Coat Anodizing) / 4140H Steel (Black Nitride)
- WEIGHT: 1.44 oz
- ORIGIN: USA
- WARRANTY: Lifetime
- HEIGHT OVER RAIL: 36mm (1.42") @ center of elevation range
- CLICK VALUE: 0.5 MOA @ 15" Sight Radius
- ADJUSTMENT RANGE: 57.6 MOA Windage @ 15" Sight Radius
- SIGHT POST: 1.35mm (0.053") width - Non-Rotating
- COMPATIBLE FIREARMS: AR-15, AR-10, SCAR, MCX, and similar with MIL-STD-1913 Picatinny Rail
|Finish||Type III Class 2 Hardcoat Anodized|