The EMR-A is an ergonomic ambidextrous magazine release. The placement of its lever is well thought out to closely mirror the magazine release button on the right side. The portion immediately below the bolt catch's lower paddle has a lower profile to avoid interference, heretofore a common drawback of popular ambidextrous mag catches, it is also left smooth.
Now, Mil-Spec lower receivers can be retrofitted for ambidextrous magazine releases with the EMR-A. A 10.9lb rated magazine catch spring is included with each EMR-A, about 20% stiffer than a standard mag catch spring (rated at 8.3lb).
EMR-A's catch is made from CNC machined 4140 steel and black nitride coated, its lever is 7075 aluminum and Type 3 hard coat anodized. The roll pin has a shear strength of 800lbs.
- EMR-A's lever pivots on the receiver.
- EMR-A needs to be removed before installing / removing the trigger. EMR-A is installed and removed in the same manner as a factory mag catch.
- Please wear eye protection while installing EMR, EMR-C, and EMR-A with the 10.9lb mag catch spring, there's considerable spring tension in the 10.9lb spring.
- For 308 ARs, or thicker non-5.56mm spec lower receivers, you will need an EMR-C to offset the AR15/M16 spec mag catch shaft. EMR-C can be found here https://www.forwardcontrolsdesign.com/EMR-C_p_23.html
- Due to lack of standards for 308 ARs, EMR-A may not work with all 308 AR style lowers
- Geissele's Maritime Bolt Catch. Material from either the top edge of EMR-A's lever, or the bottom edge of Maritime Bolt Catch's lower paddle may need to be removed for both to work together. The close proximity of these two control surfaces makes this combination less than ideal
- CMC's anti walk pins
- KNS Gen 2 anti-rotation trigger/hammer pins. KNS Gen2 Mod2 and Gen JJ, and Gen ST (Spikes Tactical) are compatible with EMR-A with standard lever, but not with extended lever. Gen2 Mod2's pins connecting bar may require minor fitting on thicker receivers to create adequate clearance for the EMR-A's lever when pressed
- HK 7.62mm AR style rifles, MR762 series
- Aero 308 AR lower receivers
- Hodge Defense Mod 2 lower receivers
- Battery assist device levers
- Receivers with the left side fence around the bolt catch and mag catch, such as some CMT, Magpul and AR15.com billet receivers
- EMR-A requires the left side of the receiver to more or less adhere to TDP specs
|Shipping Restriction||ITAR/Export Restricted|