Forward Controls Design AR-15 ACF Ambidextrous Charging Handles
As low as $135.00
Forward Controls Design AR-15 Ambidextrous Charging Handle
ACF (Ambidextrous Charging handle, Forward Controls) has been in development since mid 2018, with its features mostly fleshed out in 2018 with the following design objectives:
- A stronger, more durable ambidextrous charging handle that can withstand repeated mortaring.
- A better means of deflecting gas and debris from the shooter's face and eyes when shooting with a sound suppressor.
ACF Design Highlights:
- The width of the T handle is barely wider than its TDP counterpart. The sole reason ACF's T handle is wider is to provide protection to the latches.
- We retained the gentle rearward sweeping slope of the T handle, and avoided a forward cant. A forward cant is more snag prone, we also wanted the users to be able to let go of the latch without having to make a exaggerated motion to get his hand out of the way of the latch. In this, we again followed the original design.
- ACF is significantly taller/thicker than the TDP design. Both the front strap and the curved back strap of the ACF are aggressively serrated. The back strap's slight curve follows the curve of the user's thumb. The tall profile of ACF's T handle is designed to provide more surface area without making the T handle wider, which we deliberately avoided. Wide T handles are levers with mechanical advantage we don't need, they also promote pulling the charging handle back at an angle. Small T handles encourage the user to pull the charging handle straight back, along the bore. Another benefit is the user's fingers are closer to the charging handle's main body. When the user pull the ACF back, his finger clears the forward assist's rim.
- A "constant motion" latch on either side of the T handle. The name derives from that the latches don't come to a hard stop prematurely, but will instead continue to move into the ACF's T handle when mortared. When a user needs to mortar the weapon, no stress is placed on the latches. Though the solid pins we use are immensely strong, the latches and the ACF body are both aluminum. A design that allows the latch to hit a hard stop, or bottom out, invariably stresses the material around the pin holes. Imagine trying to slam a revolving door, it keeps rolling.
- ACF uses solid pins, and the pin holes are semi blind holes (larger on top, smaller on the bottom) that will not allow the pins to fall through.
- A taller and better gas deflection fence. ACF's fence is taller than the upper receiver, and is horse shoe shaped to conform to the area of the upper where it meets the charging handle.
- ACF's T handle is immovable, and fixed in place like the TDP design. Like the TDP design, the fixed T handle is strong and has no moving parts.
Machined from 7075 aluminum, ACF is Type III hard coat anodized, and available in black, FDE, and OD green.
Like all Forward Controls Design products, ACF is proudly designed and made in the USA.
|Shipping Restriction||ITAR/Export Restricted|
|Charging Handle Style||Ambidextrous|
|Finish||Mil-Spec Type III Hardcoat Anodized|
|Latch Size||Mod 3B|
Write Your Own Review